Friday 11 April 2014

Drabble 101

 So, I have officially gone entirely post-modern on this thing. In case you couldn't tell, this thing was written entirely in wingdings. I'm not sure whether I deserve some sort of award for this or if I just deserve a slap.
Blogspot and Tumblr don't allow you to post in wingdings, so I had to take a screencap of it, then paste is into paint because LibreOffice was being a bitch and every time I tried to crop it there it still saved the uncropped version for some reason, then crop it in paint, past the new version back into LibreOffice so that I could save it as a Jpeg, then upload the photo into here. Yeah, this one was a bitch. And that's before you consider trying to avoid typos while typing in wingdings.
This is to celebrate have hit 100 drabbles, which I accomplished last night. I have no idea what I'm going to do for the next hundred.
Also, this was finished at about half past eleven of the evening, but I didn't check the time because I was trying to get it to actually work :P


 



And, because I'm nice like this, here is a version that isn't in wingdings, so that you can actually read it.

 
What the hell is going on?” asked Blue, poking the letters with a stick. “Raven, why is the writing all funny?”
Because the Author thought that it would be funny to write this one in Wingdings,” replied Raven.
S/he did what now?” asked Blue. He crinkled his nose up, stepping away from the narration a little too quickly and nearly tripping over his feet. “Just ignore it,” Raven told him, “It's only the Author thinking s/he's smarter than s/he actually is. It'll be back to normal by tomorrow and then we can get on with the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment