Friday 7 March 2014

Drabble 65 & 66

Well, I have now officially fucked this up. I am so sorry. I was working overnight on Wednesday, had a doctors' appointment at half 9 the next morning, then another appointment with an entirely different type of doctor at 11 o'clock more than a half hour bus ride away, then had to take another half hour bus ride back into campus to meet with a dissertation tutor. So, come about five in the evening, not having slept in more than a day and not really having slept more than a couple hours a night the past few weeks anyway (yay unexplained and debilitating muscle pain) I basically fell asleep at my computer before I'd even had chance to write one measly word. I managed to keep this up for two months so far, and I'll still be doing it, though I'm a little sad about this slip-up. Still, there are two to upload today, since I missed yesterday. Firstly, yesterday's update: Finished 21:42, a day late.



Blue stood in a messy, cramped room, poking the sleeping Author. For all of Blue’s efforts s/he wouldn’t wake, despite him having poked, stabbed, shouted at and thrown water on zir. By this point the Author was beginning to look like a lost cause, so Blue contented himself with helping himself to the Author’s vodka and carelessly and irresponsibly lighting several candles in the Author’s room, and if one of said candles should happen to be knocked over and burn the house down, well then it was the Author’s own fault for sleeping while there were candles burning, wasn’t it?


And, today's drabble, cutting back into the current ongoing storyline. Finished at 21:55 and most definitely on time (one of the earliest I've had these done, in fact. I really am pretty much nocturnal).


Blue crept through the woods, careful not to give off too many signs of his whereabouts. He hadn’t much experience with leprechauns, but he’d enough to know he was better off with the element of surprise, and intended to keep it for as long as possible. It would have been admirable, had the leprechaun not been following Blue, doing a much better job of remaining unseen than he was. Blue didn’t even realise he was being followed until, stopping to get a bearing on his surroundings, the leprechaun kicked him down a hill, through some bushes and into a river.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment